Like you, the Response Labs team is adjusting to the “new normal” a little more each day. Our team has used this time at home to develop new life skills like self-haircutting, Zoom trivia master, teaching, and sourdough bread making.
And while that is impressive, one Client of ours also developed a new skill, and they are putting it to use supporting the manufacturing of PPEs.
Read that story as well as how we pulled a successful email campaign from the grips of Gmail spam. Plus, the results of our QSR/FSR customer survey on takeout and delivery during the pandemic.
Stay safe friends,
VP, Managing Director
Getting COVID-19 Emails Out of Gmail Spam
A leading east coast grocer suddenly found their Gmail emails going straight to Spam. The emails were related to COVID-19 information for customers.
- Why Did This Happen? While the email was opening at a higher-than-normal rate of 60%, the click engagement was not increasing similarly. Gmail flagged this and diverted the messages to Spam.
- Our Response: Sounds incredibly simple, but it worked. We added a clickable banner above the important COVID-19 information. By the next send the emails were landing in Inboxes again.
- What Our Client Said: “Within a matter of days, Response Labs had our COVID-19 emails back in the inbox and out of the Gmail spam trap so our customers could continue to receive the critical updates they rely on.” – Kerry O’Neil, CRM Manager.
Read the full recap from our Director of Client Service Jen Aldinger, our lead on this account.
More Below The Fold
- Marketing During A Crisis: Learn how we approach discussing COVID-19 CRM and Loyalty strategy with our Clients.
- From Roofs To Masks: Read how Isaiah Industries, one of our metal roofing Clients, is using aluminum roofing to create flexible, metal nose strips for handmade masks. (And giving them away for FREE!)
As a SalesForce Registered Consulting Partner we help enterprise brands implement, integrate and manage SalesForce Marketing Cloud and Sales Cloud.
- Implementation: Stand up new configurations or migrate existing instances
- Integration: Connect your SalesForce to 3rd party applications and custom-built technology stacks
- Management: Our digital marketing experts will ensure your campaign strategies and execution are best-in-class
Get the greatest return on your SalesForce investment by working with Response Labs.
Share this page with a friend or colleague you think may be interested.
This Is What’s Important to QSR/FSR Customers During COVID-19
The restaurant industry may be in crisis mode right now, but proper safety and communication during this time is the key to driving ongoing customer loyalty. That’s according to a Response Labs survey conducted at the start of the COVID-19 crisis.
We surveyed customers in the U.S. to gain insight into how behavior is shifting when people want to move outside of their kitchens to get meals. The responses were both predictable and surprising, but gave us some clear insight into how restaurants can better position themselves in today’s growing takeout/delivery market.
- Not Much Changing: 38% said they are likely to order carryout/delivery with the same regularity as before the pandemic, while 22% will do so less frequently and 24% more frequently. 16% said they won’t order carryout/delivery at all.
- Concerns For Higher-Priced, Full-Service Restaurants: 50% of respondents said they would expect to pay $11-$15 per person for carryout/delivery (not including pizza) and another 33% expecting to pay less than $10 per person.
- Helping Community & Restaurant Cleanliness More Important Than Price or Speed of Service: When asked what is most important when choosing a restaurant to order take-out or delivery, 45% said they are more likely to choose one that is helping the local community and 36% said they want to know how that restaurant is keeping food, employees, and containers clean. A distant third and fourth were price point and how quickly the food can be ready or delivered.
Our CEO Dan Dawes provides his perspective on what this all means for restaurants and how they should be positioning their marketing communications.
More Below The Fold
- Get The Most Out Of Order Confirmation Emails: With online ordering being the only way customers are engaging with most restaurants, how you continue the conversation post-order is more important than ever.
- Millennial and GenZ Brand Loyalty: The real winners of a post-pandemic marketplace will be the restaurants that come out with the most brand advocates in their space.